We have been there, whether it’s the sleepless fuelled day, the meltdown in the middle of the shopping centre or the realisation that you have already used the last nappy. These are the 10 Motherhood quotes that help me hold it together, make me stop and thing and reassure myself, I got this!
- There is no way to be a perfect mother … but a million ways to be a good one I wouldn’t hands down say I was a perfectionist, but there is an element of that in my personality, so when I find myself becoming frustrated because things haven’t gone to plan or aren’t going well. This is a great grounder in reminding be, I don’t need to be perfect, I am a good mum and that is good enough.
- There will be so many times you feel like you’re failed, but in the eyes, heart and mind of your child, you are a super mum. I am pretty sure there isn’t one parent out there who hasn’t had a parenting fail at some time or another and when I am in the midst of one or guilt tripping myself later, this quote makes be reevaluate what happened through my son’s eyes and 99% of the time, I can see his love for me hasn’t changed.
- Being a Mother is learning strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with Fears you didn’t know existed. Boy, isn’t it just! I amaze myself almost daily with the things I do that I never knew I could, but for every high there is a low and wow does the anxiety kick in, the fears I have for me, for my son for my family well it’s a whole other level.
- When in doubt choose the kids, there will be plenty of time later to choose the work. This one is pinned above my computer, it is there to remind me when I am absorbed in work, what really matters, what’s really important. My baby will not be a baby forever and I don’t want to be too busy working that I miss out on that, so when it’s a choice, he always wins. There is plenty of time to fit work in, but there is no contest if it’s a choice between work and my son.
- Being a Mother is not about what you gave up to have a child, but what you’ve gained from having one. To be honest I don’t feel like I gave up anything I wasn’t ready to give up when I had my son, however what I have gained in return is tenfold and any time I feel sad at something from my pre baby past, I remind myself of all I have gained in its place.
- I hope you know you’re capable & brave & significant even when you feel like your not. Such a great reminder for a new mum or any mum for that matter, we doubt ourselves daily if not hourly and sometime you just need someone to say hey! You’ve got this!
- Don’t let yourself become so concerned with raising a good kid that you forget you already have one. My son is one happy bean, but on the rare occasion he is having an off day it can be hard to handle and its then this quote helps remind me, that is all it is, an off day, he is a fantastic person and a delightful baby don’t lose sight of that fact.
- Be the mum you want them to remember. There is many a quote about how we raise our children and what they will learn from us, but this one is probably the one that drives it home for me, its my mantra for all I do. How do I want my son to remember in years to come? Would he have good memories? Would he be proud? I want him to remember be as fun, loving, caring and a calming influence, someone who guided him, supported him and allowed him to make his own choices. So I find daily I ask myself, am I being the mum I want him to remember?
- I thought about giving up, But then I remembered who was watching. Such great encouragement on why we should keep pushing forward even when things are hard, it reminds me that if I give up, what example am I setting for my son. Why wouldn’t follow my lead in future when he has had enough and doesn’t think he can go on.
- Parenting is the easiest thing in the world, to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do. This one makes me chuckle, everyone has a good piece of advice for you on why you should do something this way or why you’ve got it all wrong. It reminds me to take a deep breath, count to ten and let it go. It’s so easy when you’ve on the outside to do and say the right things, especially when you’re not the one living it. So when the friendly words get too much, I just recite this quote in my head and move on.
I’d love to know what is your favourite quotes to help you in your motherhood role, please feel free to share them with me in the comments.